The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty

The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty
. A wonderful example of female modesty. They have a clothing store http://www.ringgerclothing.com/

Saturday, September 13, 2014

How to make a chemisette

https://teainateacup.wordpress.com/tag/regency/
I found this regency site that had free directions for a chemisette. I was looking into this because I got a free pattern that was nice but it was too open in the neck area. I knew that during the regency era they used chemisettes. I didn't like some of the modern ones called dickeys because they would sometime show parts under the neck. So what I liked was the fact that they used a drawstring to tie it under the bust. So what I am going to do is take a modern blouse pattern I have and modify it so that it reaches below my bust and I will put elastic so it will stay down. Take a look at the site above and see if you too can come up with your own kind of modern chemisette to make some of your clothes more modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment