The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty

The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty
. A wonderful example of female modesty. They have a clothing store http://www.ringgerclothing.com/

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Reconstructing History - a pattern shop with many modest styles from the past

http://store.reconstructinghistory.com/historic-patterns/20th-century-en/1940s.html

Reconstructing History is a pattern store with patterns from many ages. However the patterns I most like are the 1930's patterns. I don't personally like the 1920's styles. They are ugly to me with no waist. They look like rectangles to me. However, I do believe they are modest even though I feel they look rather mannish. I like the 1930's fashions but they appear to me to be rather tight in the skirt area. Tight skirts make it hard to work and they tend to ride up to the thigh if a woman drives etc. So for me the 1940's is the favorite with wider skirts that allow a woman to work. The dresses are feminine although for me they are a bit short (I just lengthen the skirt to the mid calf and the short sleeves to the elbow) and I have the perfect feminine and modest dress following Roman Catholic guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment