The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty

The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty
. A wonderful example of female modesty. They have a clothing store http://www.ringgerclothing.com/

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thrift Stores - A Good Place for Modest Clothing?

Hi Ladies,
Will of course it depends on where you live.  Where I live almost no one ever wears skirts or dresses.  So as time has gone on there are fewer and fewer modest dresses or skirts to be found.  Even often I can not find modest blouses either.  Everyone where I live like low cut (even the winter sweaters) spaghetti straps, etc.  So if I am lucky I can find a long skirt or a long dress or long jumper but most of the time I don't.  Also what I have done is during Winter I try to find as many cotton blouses as I can.  I cut the long sleeves off to make short sleeves to the elbow and hem them up.  It is a lot cheaper and faster than trying to sew from scratch.  I have heard of one lady who made skirts out of ladies pants.  As far as sweaters are concerned.  There is a pattern store called http://www.modestanytime.com They have a chemise pattern for making low cut garments modest.  You can also purchase them ready made from her as well.  Or, you could learn to knit and crochet so you can make your own modest sweaters.  Or, find a nice pattern and fabric and sew some nice modest sweaters.  I have even had a hard time finding modest tee shirts.  I've created my own pattern.  The ones in the stores either look like men's tee shirts, or they are low cut and very little sleeves, or sleeveless.  Also, many have a too see through fabric.  I found some nice tee shirt knit material at Hobby Lobby.  Also, what one can find that is great at thrift stores is fabric.  I've gotten really nice fabric for one dollar a yard.  I have gotten my clothing cost down to four dollars for a combo skirt- blouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment