The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty

The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty
. A wonderful example of female modesty. They have a clothing store http://www.ringgerclothing.com/

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Several Modest Christian Lady articles

Hello,
I want to provide as many positive website articles about dressing modest and feminine that I can find.  The reason I do this is because I have been attacked by women I don't even know just going to public shopping places.  I have literally had ladies walk up to me and say "Why do you dress like that?"  Christian ladies don't have to dress like that.  I find it strange actually because this is a country where everything goes, right?  So why am I attacked and also how did they decide I was Christian?  By the way, I wear dresses or skirts.  My favorite skirt is the Gathered Women's skirt at my friends pattern store http://www.modestpatterns.com I designed a tee shirt that is lose and shaped differently than men's tee shirts with 3/4 sleeves and I choose thick none see through knit fabric and it is about 8 inches ease and comes down to my hips.  Or I wear my favorite blouse that again I have sew from my favorite pattern store the key hole blouse.  By the way, those two pieces of clothing are so easy to sew and look nice, are modest, and only use two yards of fabric a piece. Why I have gotten fabric from a thrift store and ended up with something modest for 4 dollars. 

Another reason I want to provide as many positive website articles as I can is that by accident I have found many websites by churches and pastors that are against women wearing skirts.  One of them even said it was men's wear to wear skirts. etc. 

Another reason is that over and over again I hear that a woman can do nothing in a skirt.  That at the very best she has to wear culottes.  I don't like culottes myself.  For one, I can see they are split as soon as a woman moves.  And many look like large pants to me.  Also, I found from reading and studying costume that it was one of the ways feminist women worked at getting pants for women.  In fact, this notion of women can do nothing in skirts has gotten to ridiculous levels.  I was told where I used to work long time ago I had to wear pants because you can not work in skirts.  Will, all I was doing was standing for 12 hours.  I could maybe see if she wanted me to do gymnastics for 12 hours but I was just standing.  So I feel there is a movement to stop women from wearing skirts and dresses.  So I will also show how women can do most anything in a skirt.  Actually, probably the ones that may not work are gymnastics, and mountain climbing.  But I don't really know for sure.
http://www.lifehouse.org/tracts/stmodesty.htm

This one was labeled just Modesty.

I like it because she mentions that she never knew about modesty until she started searching the bible and praying.  This is what happened to me.  I started searching and reading the bible and praying.  So I think you will like this article.

Most Christian women dress the same as other women in society today. Most do not even realize that the Bible has a lot to say about what we as Christian women should wear. Up until four years ago, it had never occurred to me that the Bible even mentioned how we should dress. I just dressed like everyone else, whether skirts were long or short, whether jeans were in or out. Then I read an article by a wonderful Christian woman sharing a few thoughts on this issue. Since then, I searched the Bible, and spent hours in prayer to determine how the Lord wanted me to dress. I would like to share a few things that I have studied. The Bible has instructions for men as well, but as the Bible says that women are in instruct only other women, this article is written for women only.

So click on the link above to get the rest of the article. 

I didn't see any particular denomination here.  This is a Christian ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment