The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty

The Ringger Family a wonderful example of female modesty
. A wonderful example of female modesty. They have a clothing store http://www.ringgerclothing.com/

Friday, October 25, 2013

How to stay warm in a skirt during the winter

Hi Ladies, Many women tell me they can not wear skirts and dresses because they are cold. Well if the skirt is mid calf that alone makes it warmer than a short thigh skirt. I mean a short skirt just a few inches below the crotch is of course cold. Everything is exposed. And, in these very short skirts there isn't much underpinnings so nothing is covered. First thing is to have a modest length skirt. I wear mine at mid-calf or longer. I don't like mine to drag on the floor. Dragging on the floor has problems of picking up dirt and also makes it difficult to mop floors, etc. Mid calf length I can do anything I need to do. Do you know I spoke with a lady pastors wife from the pentacostal church and she even climbed mountains in her skirt to visit people while doing missionary work. Then the fabric makes a difference. One can get thicker fabrics like twill or even wool. If you are poorer and can not afford wool, flannel works well too and you can get wonderful flannels at these two online stores. http://www.fabric.com or http://www.gracefulthreads.com . Also, to keep warm in really cold temperatures one can make flannel underpinnings. Make a slip in flannel and make bloomers in flannel. One can get bloomer patterns and slip patterns from http://www.modestpatterns.com. There are a few others which I will give you the addresses later on. Please make sure on the top part of the slip to use a stretch material. They have heavy fabrics that stretch. Also, one can wear tights or leggings. Candle on the hill has legging patterns or you can go onto ebay and click legging patterns. I personally have been toasty warm with my dresses and skirts wearing just as I have outlined in - 22 weather. In fact, most of the time I have not worn so many layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment